- Where are my projects located on my device?
- It crashes when I save or remesh my model!
- It crashes when I load my project!
- It crashes when I start Nomad!
- Can we animate inside Nomad?
- Can we do proper low-poly modeling?
- Can we do uv and texturing?
- Can I record a turntable video?
- Can you add [insert-favorite-feature] as a top-level button?
- What are the next features?
- Why is there a free trial on Android? But not on iOS?
- Can it work on multiple devices?
- How to restore my purchase?
- Is there a way to beta test?
- Can you translate or fix [my-language]?
# Where are my projects located on my device?
The projects are located in the
projects folder inside the main Nomad folder.
On iOS, you can access the Nomad folder with the iOS Files app.
On Android, the Nomad folder is in
On the recent Android version (10/11), you don't have access to the
You can access it through a separate app, for example this one (opens new window).
# It crashes when I save or remesh my model!
Your device is running out of memory (RAM).
To reduce memory usage in your scene, you can use some of the Topology options to reduce the number of polygons.
What matters is the amount of RAM, not the storage (which is usually much bigger).
# It crashes when I load my project!
If the file is small, you can send it to me and I'll take a look (by email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Otherwise the device is probably running out of RAM memory.
- Make sure you close any other opened apps on your device.
- Start a new project in Nomad instead on having a project currently opened.
- If it still crashes, the only solution is to load your file project on a device with more memory.
On a desktop browser, you can try loading your file in this url (opens new window) and then export it back after simplifying your scene.
Some browsers limit the amount of RAM a single tab can take, so it's possible that this technique won't work.
Additionally, for legacy glb.lz4 file format, you can try the following:
If your project is using Layers, enable the
Merge layersoption before loading the project. The option can be found in the
Files -> Settingssub menu.
Layers can take a lot of memory, merging them at loading can help reduce the memory peak usage.
Decompress your project (
On windows, you need to download LZ4 (opens new window).
On MacOS, you can use the command line. With homebrew, simply do
brew install lz4and then
Try to load the
.glbfile directly into Nomad again.
If it still crashes at loading, you can open the file on any 3d desktop software that supports
# It crashes when I start Nomad!
If it crashes at loading, it means Nomad struggles with a certain file present in the Nomad folder.
Most of the time, it happens because the project is heavy and it will unfortunately exceed the RAM limit.
Locate the Nomad folder, and then rename or move some file to find the culprit.
First, try to rename
settings.json. That way it will stop loading the last project.
If it doesn't work, try to move some recent files outside their respective resource folders (
You can also rename the folder themselves so that Nomad completely ignores
When Nomad loads a file at startup, it always moves the file in the
If the operation succeeds, then it is moved back to its original folder.
If it crashes before the loading is finished, then Nomad will launch successfully on the next start, as it ignores the
You can simply try to load this file again if you think it can succeed.
If you have issues with a relatively small file, you can contact me at email@example.com and I will take a look.
If the file is big, you can always follow steps 4 to 6.
# Can we animate inside Nomad?
Not for now.
A timeline feature that could animate the layers could be interesting, but not really planned at the moment.
I'd like to support rigging/skinning in the future, but it poses a few challenges (notably the interaction with sculpting tools...) so nothing sure for now.
# Can we do proper low-poly modeling?
Not for now. This is not really Nomad Sculpt's scope, but maybe I'll provide a few tools in the future.
# Can we do uv and texturing?
For now texturing inside Nomad is not planned. However, you can UV unwrap your model and do the texturing inside inside Procreate.
# Can I record a turntable video?
Not planned for now, iOS has a native video recording feature that is very easy to use.
# Can you add [insert-favorite-feature] as a top-level button?
If I did that each time I received such a request, Nomad wouldn't be usable.
Customization is probably the way to go, but it's not straightforward. Handling a small screen is challenging.
# What are the next features?
For the mid/long term roadmap I got a lot of ideas but I don't know yet.
For the short term roadmap, what is planned:
- scene tree/hierarchy, with instancing support
- improving Trim tool to be more robust
Bug fixes and improving existing features will always have higher priority over adding new features.
# Why is there a free trial on Android? But not on iOS?
Because old Android devices suck (and some recent ones as well...), and I didn't want people to buy the app and be welcomed with a black screen. But the main reason is that I felt like paid Android apps are not really the norm.
# Can it work on multiple devices?
Nomad is available on iOS App Store, Google Play and AppGallery.
The purchase is tied to the store account used. If you want to use Nomad on several devices you need to make sure it's the same account.
# How to restore my purchase?
Google Play and AppGallery both handle the synchronization automatically.
- Double check that you are logged on the exact same account you made the purchase with.
- Go to the About menu (top left nomad icon), and hit
- Wait a few hours, sometimes the Store takes a bit of time for some reason.
- Uninstall and reinstall Nomad, make sure to backup your files if you don't want to lose anything.
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally with a screenshot of the logs after trying to restore a purchase (logs can be enabled in the Debug menu).
You need to have access to the Google Play services, recent Huawei devices don't have access to Google services. In that case you’ll need to purchase the app again on AppGallery (Huawei app store).
# Is there a way to beta test?
There is no Android/iOS beta version.
However you can see the list of bugs/fixes for the pending/incoming release in the Logs (opens new window).
The web demo (opens new window) is usually updated with the pending/incoming release.
# Can you translate or fix [my-language]?
The translation files can be found here (opens new window)!